OES-BECS: call for proposals 2017
(APPLICATIONS DUE: 6th OCTOBER 2017)
INORE is pleased to announce the 2017 call for BECS (Blue Energy Collaborative Scholarships) proposals sponsored by OES (Ocean Energy Systems). Do you have a research project that has the potential to provide collaborative work with other INOREans? Does your research require use of facilities that are unavailable at your institute, but are available at the institute of a fellow INOREan? Are you looking for funding to help support the travel costs to enable this project to take place or to present your collaboration with another INOREan in a conference? If the answer to any of the above is YES, then you could be eligible for an OES-BECS grant!
The BECS grant, up to 1000€, will be put towards travel expenses and accommodation at the research institutes where the collaborative work will take place or be presented (conference). It is expected that the work will advance formative research in the field of offshore renewable energy and promote collaboration and communication amongst early-career professionals from diverse disciplines, institutions, and nations. In addition to providing an opportunity for international work, the OES-BECS grant seeks to advance the field of offshore renewable energy through publication of research results and journal papers, making the results of the work accessible to a wide audience.
- APPLY HERE!!!!
- The call will close the 6th October 2017.
- The 13th October 2017 INORE will publish an internal list of the groups/collaborations that may be eligible.
- On the 27th October 2017 INORE will publish a list of the granted group/s and reserve group/s that according to point 6 of the Conditions of this Call can be funded.
Contact [email protected] for more information or with any questions.
INORE wants this grant program to be fair and unbiased. Therefore, the following conditions are presented and should be followed by all the participants.
- OES-BECS applications must involve at least two INOREans, from two different research organizations.
- This year the aim of OES-BECS scholarships is the intercontinental collaboration. Due to this, at least two members of the team must be affiliated to institutes from different continents.
- Work carried out utilizing support from an OES-BECS grant should result in the submission of a journal or conference paper, and information of the work will be provided for use on the INORE website, and for information for sponsors. A summary (in any case), a powerpoint presentation (if the results are presented in a conference) and/or a poster presentation (if the results are presented in a journal paper) should be sent to INORE.
- OES-BECS and INORE should be part of the acknowledgements.
- 3 months after the publication of the OES-BECS grants results, INOREans must send a planning report of the research including stage information and more details about the research. INORE assumes that this deadline is enough to organize the work. If this milestone is not achieved the granted INOREans will lose the funding and it will be offered to other group.
- 50% of the grant will be transferred to the research team at the moment of the publication of the awarded teams list. The rest of the grant will be transferred as follows:
- INORE will refund the costs of the collaboration after receiving tickets for flights and accommodation (up to total funding).
- As soon as the result of the collaboration is submitted to a journal or a conference.
- The deadline for requesting the money associated to the grant or the expected results of OES-BECS grant is one year from the publication of the awarded list. After this deadline any refund will be executed. The amount of money that will not be transferred to the research team will be invested in other INORE activities.