OES-BECS 2016: Call for Proposals
INORE is pleased to announce the call for the 2016 Blue Energy Collaborative Scholarship (BECS) proposals sponsored by Ocean Energy Systems (OES).
Do you have a research project with the potential for collaboration with other INOREans? Would your research greatly benefit from the use of facilities that are available at the institute of a fellow INOREan? Are you looking for funding to help support the travel costs to enable this project to take place or to present the collaborative work at a conference?
If the answer to any of the above is YES, then you could be eligible for an OES-BECS grant!
This BECS grant, of up to 1000€, will be put towards travel expenses and accommodation at the research institutes where the collaborative work is to take place or where the prospective work will be presented (conference). It is expected that the collaborative work will expand/further develop the field of offshore renewable energy as well as build upon the strong networks within INORE. In addition to providing an opportunity for international collaboration, the OES-BECS grant also seeks to advance the field of offshore renewable energy through publication of research results in conference proceedings and/or journal papers – making the results available to a wide audience.
To apply, please submit the enclosed application form (OES-BECS 2016 Application Form) (before October 14, 2016) to email@example.com. Details of all project participants and the proposed organization where the research will take place are required. A title for the proposed research, and an abstract no longer than 1000 words should be submitted as part of the application. Details of how the research will benefit INORE should also be included, as well as a list of expected outcomes of the research.
INORE wants this grant program to be fair and unbiased. Therefore, the following conditions are required for all participants.
- OES-BECS applications must involve at least two INOREans, from two different research organizations.
- This year an aim of the OES-BECS scholarships is intercontinental collaboration. Due to this, at least two members of the team must be affiliated with institutes from different continents.
- One of the INOREans should be selected as the coordinator of the collaboration group. All INORE communications regarding the grant will be sent to the coordinator.
- A senior researcher should be assigned to oversee the activities carried out during the collaboration period for each INOREan involved – especially if the collaboration requires a stage at another center.
- Work carried out utilizing support from an OES-BECS grant should result in the submission of a journal or conference paper, and information of the work will be provided for use on the INORE website and for information to sponsors. A summary (in any case), a presentation in pdf format (if the results are presented at a conference) and/or a poster presentation (if the results are presented in a journal paper) should be sent to INORE.
- OES-BECS and INORE should be recognized in the acknowledgements.
- The awarded group/s will sign a letter of agreement, accepting that the funding will be allocated to the research (travels, conference subscription, etc.)
- 3 months after the publication of the OES-BECS grants results, the coordinator must send a planning report of the research including stage information and more details about the research. INORE assumes that this deadline is enough to organize the work. If this milestone is not achieved the granted INOREans will lose the funding and it will be offered to other group.
- 50% of the grant will be transferred to the research team after publication of the awarded teams list and the transfer agreement. The rest of the grant will be transferred as follows:
- INORE will refund the costs of the collaboration after receiving tickets for flights and accommodation (up to total funding) or subscription.
- As soon as the result of the collaboration is submitted to a journal or a conference.
- The deadline for requesting the money associated with the grant or the expected results of OES-BECS grant is one year from the publication of the awardees. After this deadline any refund will be executed. The amount of money that is not to be transferred to the research team will be invested in other INORE activities.